Educational itinerary that presents the main components of a neuron. During the itinerary, functioning neurons are compared to those of a neurodegenerative disease, multiple sclerosis. Users can learn firsthand how neurons are affected when this disease is present. Animations and interactive activities are combined to facilitate learning and increase motivation to study.
Secondary Education Biology
People and their health. Healthy lifestyle promotion
1. Categorize the different levels of organization of living matter: cells, tissues, organs and devices or systems. Differentiate the main cellular structures and their functions.
2. Differentiate the most important tissues of the human body and their function.
3. Discover the factors that determine health and disease, from their knowledge of both concepts.
4. Classify diseases and assess the importance of a healthy lifestyle to prevent them.
5. Determine the most common non-infectious and infectious diseases that affect the population, their causes, prevention and treatments.
6. Identify healthy habits as a method of disease prevention.
19. Explain the integrative mission of the nervous system in reaction to different stimuli, and describe its functioning.
21. Functionally relate to the neuro-endocrine system.
The edition of this educational itinerary has been possible thanks to the collaboration of GAEM, Novartis and Ambientech. GAEM has carried out the scientific review of all educational material. Because of these 3 collaborations, this educational itinerary is of great quality, free to access, and scientifically rigorous.